Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation and Jenkins with overlay access control model. Best tools to create easy-button service catalogs.
Fine Grain Access Control
Puppet, Chef and other DevOps tools have notoriously weak access control models. For example puppet enterprise dashboard allows only 3 different user roles. CloudAware can operate as a classifier for Chef, Puppet and Ansible. CloudAware Federal uses force.com advanced access control model to manage access to configuration parameters such as database passwords and other credentials.
CloudAware is not just an orchestrator but also a workflow tool for deploying "puppetized" and "chefitized" application to the cloud. Default workflow includes steps like security review, enterprise architecture review and others. Once approved service catalog templates show in the enterprise app-store available for use.
CloudAware will notify users as soon as Puppet is done setting up your instance. Notifications are pushed via email and mobile devices.
Five Problems We Solve:
- 1Security access configuration items such as database passwords.
- 2Lack of DevOps process for building and deploying app in AWS.
- 3DevOps becoming new silo or new bottleneck.
- 4End users always depending on DevOps for provisioning.
- 5Lack of self-service DevOps solutions.